1) LPCB approved detectors compatible with the control and indicating equipment shall be used;
2) Suitable electrical detection control and indicating equipment compatible with the equipment below shall be used. The control and indicating equipment shall be LPCB Approved/Certificated;
3) Connecting cables shall comply with BS 6387:1994 Specification for performance requirements for cables required to maintain circuit integrity under fire conditions, classification C,W,Z or equivalent;
4) The equipment must be installed, operated and maintained as prescribed in the manufacturer's Installation, Operating and Maintenance Manual;
5) To guard against inadvertent operation it is recommended that electrically operated sprinklers be used in conjunction with coincidence detection;
6) Where ‘Metron’ actuators are employed the maximum allowable operating temperature shall not be exceeded;
7) Where ‘Metron’ actuators are used, these shall also be LPCB approved; and
8) The ‘Guidance’ in the Part 3 Section 22 ‘Metron’ Actuators, shall also be taken into account.