The technical requirements of LPCB schemes are given in Loss Prevention Standards (LPSs). These documents are drafted by LPCB technical experts in conjunction with appropriate external experts.
They are then peer reviewed by representatives from trade bodies, regulators, insurers, specifiers, manufacturers and other suppliers.
Finally these documents are approved for use by the BRE Global Governing Body; the Body that oversees all of the certification activities of BRE Global/LPCB.
On occasion, approval may be carried out to other international standards where this is appropriate to a particular territory.
Product schemes comprise:
· Initial type testing and evaluation of product, sampled by LPCB
· Approval and surveillance of the manufacturer’s (suppliers) quality management system to ISO 9001
· Assessment and surveillance of the manufacturer’s (suppliers) factory production control system (FPC)
· Periodic audit testing of the product from either the factory or marketplace
· Labelling or marking as appropriate.
· Listing of the approved product (service) in the Red Book.
Installer schemes comprise:
· Technical assessment of the installation contractor’s capability
· Approval and surveillance of the contractor’s quality management system to ISO9001 or assessment against the requirements of the relevant Loss Prevention Standard where ISO 9001 is not appropriate.
· Regular surveillance inspections of on-going installations
· The issue of Certificates of Conformity to demonstrate compliance for each installation
· Listing of the approved installer in the Red Book.